Archive for the ‘Events’ Category
The Inside Out Festival (part of Creativeworks London), kicked off on Monday 22 October with an incredible programme of activities, talks, workshops, arts and music! On Sat 27 October (at Fernandez and Wells, Somerset House, London) G.Hack team presented interactive artworks and workshops under the banner: Women + Science = The Future ! Throughout the day, the visitors could get involved with some (or all) of the following activities:
- Travel through contemporary London tea culture using a touch table navigated with a tea pot with music informatics expert Magdalena Chudy (Sound Mapping London Tea Houses)
- Find out about physical computing and electronic textiles over an augmented cup of tea used in For Two from technologist Nanda Khaorapapong & e-textiles expert Berit Greinke
- Put on an oven glove and have a conversation with the Talking Quilt (a hand-made textiles quilt augmented with RFID technology) with Ludic technology designer Sara Heitlinger
- Join a playful workshop exploring temporal memory run by games design guru Pollie Barden (Firefly). Firefly will run from 14.30-16.30 as a drop-in session.
- Schedule an appointment at the Tech Clinic with Nela Brown, human -computer interaction ‘doctor in training’. A surgery for self-proclaimed non-technical types (we can’t all be geeks!) who grapple with computers/mobile devices on daily basis but end up feeling like the tail’s wagging the dog. If you find yourself putting that list of computer ‘need-to-knows’ to the bottom of your to-do pile but really want to do something about it, here’s your chance. Bring in the technology which you are having problems with or would like to learn more about (laptops, software, mobile devices etc.) and talk it through and work it out at Tech Clinic.